Each summer when growing up, my family would visit a local orchard and pick peaches, my mom would then spend days in the kitchen canning. I remember the jars sitting in the fruit cellar on the shelves. (Oh the stories I could tell about that fruit cellar.)
But, I never remember fruit just sitting around for the taking. Perhaps it was, but I just never thought of fruit as a snack and therefore didn’t notice it.
Now that I have a family, I always have a bowl of fruit sitting on the counter. My youngest child prefers fruit over most snacks. Me, on the other hand has to deliberately eat fruit in order to get any in my daily diet. It’s not that I don’t like it, there are just other things I would prefer (cookie dough, chocolate chips, etc).
While search for a recipe that includes honey, I came across a recipe for fried bananas. What better way to eat fruit, than to add one of my favorite foods, honey!
Fried Bananas with Honey
- In a small bowl, mix 1T of honey with 1t of warm water. Set aside.
- Slice banana into ¼ to ½ inch slices
- Coat non-stick frying pan with olive oil and fry banana slices until browned, only flipping once
- Remove pan from heat
- Drizzle honey mixture over bananas
- Carefully remove bananas from pan
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy
These were delicious, but I’m positive that they would be even better on top of vanilla ice cream. Maybe next time!
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think of it.
~ May all your wandering take you to many wonderful places!